Friday 14 March 2014

In Defense of Obasanji Quagga

Obasanji Quagga
21 Jump St
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
0BA5-ANJ1

June 34, 2064

Inspector Clouseau
Chief of Police
123 Rue Justice
Paris, France
1A2 R3T


Dear Inspector Clouseau,

I stand by my descision to save Ada Artlover. Some people may argue the action I took as it resulted in the loss of the world's most famous painting, the Mona Lisa. However, any sensible human being will understand why I chose to save Ada.

The main reason I saved Ada is because she is a human being. Ada is 92 years old and may not live much longer but that does not justify letting her die to save a painting. The Mona Lisa is just a painting. It may be a very famous, innovative painting but a human's life is more important than a piece of canvas lathered in color. 

I also believed saving Ada would allow me a better chance of survive the fire. When the fire started I was standing next to her having a friendly conversation. The Mona Lisa on the other hand was across the room, closer to the flames. I decided it was a better idea to save her life than to risk my own trying to save a painting. 

The conversation I had with Ada before also affected my decision. I got to know her and heard some of the wisdom she had to offer. She has had many experinces from past wars and global events that make her an interesting and valuable window into our history. The Mona Lisa also does this but Ada has more variety in her wisdom where as the Mona Lisa shows us the first time common painting techniques were used.

From where I stand I believe I made the right decision by saving Ada Artlover. The art community may be angry but the general public should understand the moral dilemma I faced and see than I made an honorable decision.


No comments:

Post a Comment